Monday, August 17, 2009

Okay so hi i am new to this. so a bit about me then. I was born with a congenital heart defect, hole in my heart, transpasition of the main arteries and paten ductes. I had a mustard op when i was 9 mths old. growing up i lived my life as "normal" kids did, i just got puffed faster than normal kids. In the end of september 2005 i was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension, and was told i needed to have a heart and lungs transplant they put me on oxygen 24/7 and some medication. i was on the list for 6 mths then was taken off as i had improved. in September 07 i got pneumonia as i didn;t recover and was worse than when i was first diagnosed, they made me have all the test again to be put back on the list. was listed early feb 08 and then july 08 i received a heart and double lungs transplant in perth western australia. i am the 3rd person to have it done in wa as they only started doing heart&lung tx in 05. I had a tiny bit of regection 3 mths out and then my white blood cell thought they would play funny buggers and do a very low count i had a few needles of something that made my bones ache so bad i could not even lay down. one night i was standing awake at 4am apart from that i have been well. one year out of my tx and i have a casual job and i am training for the 17th World Transplant Games which are in the Gold Coast from the 22nd of august to the 30th. i am competing in ten pin bowling, beach volley ball, 50m breaststroke (which i have never been able to do in my life untill a few mnths ago) and ball throwing. So as all my family, friends and fellow lungies out there will know exercise was not something i could not do. so being able to particapate in the world transplant games for the australian team means everything to me. well being able to walk with out getting a head spin or breathless means everything. and i can never thank my doner enough for what they did. so this is the story of the begining of my second chance life.

No comments:

Post a Comment